SAVE THE TDSB’S TRIANGLE PROGRAM
The TDSB’s Triangle Program, which provides a supportive high school environment for LGBTQ2S youth, is facing a 1/3 reduction in its teaching staff. Contact your School Board Trustee and let them know that you expect them to have the backs of LGBTQ2S students.
We’ve prepared handy resources and events to help you mobilize around changes to the 2015 Health and Physical Education Curriculum have any questions? contact us at organizing@the519.
- Consultation Kit
A simple guide to help you run a consultation event and provide a written submission to the Ministry of Education.
- We Have Your Back – Ten Ways to Mobilize
Ten simple ways you can show Ontario’s students and teachers that you #havetheirback.
- We Have Your Back – Lobbying Guide
Interested in talking with your MPP? This step by step guide will help lead you through how to get a meeting, what to expect, and how to make sure your meeting is a success.
- We Have Your Back – Key Facts
These key facts and speaking points can help you shape your message when talking with decision makers, educators, and others in your community about Health and Physical Education.
- Mic Drop Conference
Mic Drop was a one-day, youth-led conference that trained students and teachers to become change-makers in their own communities. Topics included: Building Consent Culture, LGBTQ2S+ Inclusivity, Activism Across Generations, Know Your (Human) Rights, and much more.
Action Canada Lesson Plans
- Power and Consent: Yes, No, and Everything in Between
- Friends and Relationships
- Safer Sex: Communication & Negotiation
- Responsible Use of Social and Digital Media
Health and Physical Education Curriculum Resources
- 2015 Health and Physical Education Curriculum (Grades 1-8)
- 2015 Health and Physical Education Curriculum (Grades 9-12)
- 1998 Health and Physical Education Curriculum (Grades 1-8)
- 2015 Curriculum Tip Sheet – People for Education
Resources for Parents and Youth
- Talking to Teens About Relationships, Sex & Consent – The Ottawa Coalition to End Violence Against Women
- Youth Learning Modules: Relationship Violence, Building Healthy Relationships, Keeping Sex Safe and Healthy – Sexual Assault & Violence Intervention Services of Halton
- Sexual Health Factsheets – Planned Parenthood Toronto
- Youth Sexual Health, Development, and Identity, and Consent – Society of Obstetricians and Gynaecologists of Canada
- Creating Safe, Authentic, and Inclusive Spaces for LGBTQ2S People – The 519
- Ontario Resource Databse for LGBT Youth – LGBT YouthLine
- Create a Sexual Health Plan – Action Canada for Sexual Health and Rights